- Postal Catalog on Help Save the Postal Service & Hit Back at Predatory Lending
- Dave from Positronic Design, The SEO Company on John Kerry and Leona Helmsley – Which One’s Which?
- World Wide News Flash on John Kerry and Leona Helmsley – Which One’s Which?
- Middleboro Remembers on Breaking News: Unwed Mother to Marry Father of Her Illegitimate Child!
- Peter on The Casino Cure-All Myth Hits Massachusetts
- Bill Moyers Journal Bill Moyers Journal came to a close on PBS in the Spring of 2010, but stay tuned for his next venue. 0
- Democracy Now! A daily TV/radio news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, airing on over 800 stations, pioneering the largest community media collaboration in the U.S. 0
- Mother Jones Blogs Mother Jones is a nonprofit news organization that specializes in investigative, political, and social justice reporting. 0
- PBD – Progressive Blog Digest A daily compilation of clips and links to progressive blog and news sites. 0
- The Two-Way : NPR This is NPR’s news blog. It’s a place to come for breaking news, analysis and for stories that are just too interesting — or too entertaining — to pass up. 0
Sites We Like
- Craziest Contest Craziest Contest – Tallying your votes to determine the craziest person on Earth! 10
- Greg Palast Greg Palast is the author of the New York Times bestsellers “Armed Madhouse” and “The Best Democracy Money Can Buy”. 0
Monthly Archives: July 2010
John Kerry and Leona Helmsley – Which One’s Which?
I’m sorry, but I’m tired of giving Senator John Kerry the benefit of the doubt. There have simply been way too many instances of poor judgment, and the docking of his new $7 million yacht in Newport, Rhode Island, a convenience that only happens to avoid what calculates as $437,500.00 in Massachusetts Sales and Use Taxes, along with additional excise taxes which would bring the total to over $500,000.00, is the last straw for me. Continue reading
Posted in Politicians, Washington Politicians 2 Comments
12 Mayors (or Individuals?) Express Support for Casinos in Massachusetts
According to a letter distributed to the media by Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo, 12 mayors have expressed their support for DeLeo’s expanded gambling plan that includes adding slot machines at the state’s racetracks. This is big news. Or is it? There are 351 cities and towns in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and mayors representing 3.4% of those municipalities were signatories to this letter. Who are these elected officials who are attempting to sway votes and public opinion on a controversial issue, and are they acting in a personal or an official capacity? Continue reading
Posted in Boston Politicians, Lobbyists, Politicians Comments Off on 12 Mayors (or Individuals?) Express Support for Casinos in Massachusetts
Breaking News: Unwed Mother to Marry Father of Her Illegitimate Child!
The fact that Bristol Palin is gettin’ hitched to her man Levi Johnston is about as news-worthy as past media emphatuations with the divorce of Jon & Kate Gosselin or yesterday’s news about Mel Gibson’s dirty mouth and propensity for domestic violence. Continue reading
Posted in The Conventional News Media 1 Comment
The Casino Cure-All Myth Hits Massachusetts
I would like to congratulate the Governor and the complicit legislature of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for selling out the people whom they are solemnly pledged to represent. I am referring to the recent passage of casino legislation by the state senate and house of representatives, one of the governor’s pet projects which has been absurdly marketed by private interests as a cure-all for a troubled economy. To our elected officials who voted in favor of this legislation, particularly to those who said that the vote was inevitable, I can only say, “Shame on you all.” Continue reading
Posted in Boston Politicians, Lobbyists, Politicians 2 Comments